WASHINGTON, D.C. (October 20, 2020) – The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) today announced its Board of Directors for the 2021 membership year during MBA’s virtual 2020 Annual Convention & Expo. The Board of Directors will be chaired by Susan Stewart, Chief Executive Officer at SWBC Mortgage Corporation.
MBA’s Board of Directors consists of 39 elected members and one ex-officio member, MBA President and Chief Executive Officer Bob Broeksmit, CMB. MBA directors represent its commercial/multifamily, residential and associate membership. The Board of Directors sets the strategic direction for MBA and also oversees management of the association’s affairs.
“2021 is expected to be a year filled with challenges and uncertainty. However, I am confident that this year’s Board of Directors will rise to the occasion by addressing our industry’s most pressing issues,” said Susan Stewart, 2021 MBA Chairman, and Chief Executive Officer at SWBC Mortgage Corporation. “I look forward to collaborating with MBA’s Board of Directors to ensure that our members are well served.”
The new members of MBA’s Board of Directors are:
- Albert P. Blank, Union Home Mortgage
- Patrick Carey, Bank of America
- Christine Chandler, M&T Realty Capital Corporation
- Eric Gates, Apex Home Loans
- Nima Ghamsari, Blend
- Owen V. Lee, Success Mortgage Partners, Inc.
- Claudia J. Merkle, National Mortgage Insurance Corporation
- J. David Motley, CMB, Colonial Savings, F.A.
- Mark O’Donovan, JPMorgan Chase
- Christine C. Rhea, Mortgage Investors Group
- Michael S. Tanner, Pacific Southwest Realty Services
- Tom Wind, U.S. Bank
Members remaining on MBA’s Board of Directors are:
- Susan T. Stewart (Chairman), SWBC Mortgage Corporation
- Kristy W. Fercho (Chairman-Elect), Wells Fargo Home Lending
- Matthew G. Rocco, Sr. (Vice Chairman), Grandbridge Real Estate Capital
- Brian F. Stoffers, CMB, (Immediate Past Chairman), CBRE Capital Markets
- Byron L. Boston, Dynex Capital, Inc.
- Todd Chamberlain, Truist
- Jonathan Corr, Ellie Mae, Inc.
- William C. Emerson, Quicken Loans and Rock Holdings, Inc.
- Laura Escobar, Eagle Home Mortgage
- Matt Galligan, CIT
- John M. Hedlund, AmeriHome Mortgage Company
- Christopher LaBianca, UBS
- William Lowman, American Pacific Mortgage Company
- Angela G. Mago, KeyBank Real Estate Capital
- Frank D. Martell, CoreLogic
- Mary Ann McGarry, Guild Mortgage Company
- Stanley C. Middleman, Freedom Mortgage Corporation
- Gary N. Otten, MetLife, Inc.
- Eduardo Perez, CMB, EPM
- Kurt Pfotenhauer, First American Financial
- Jay Plum, Huntington National Bank
- Tony Premer, Pacific Life Insurance Company
- Andrew Rippert, Portum Trust, Inc.
- Erin Stafford, DBRS Morningstar
- Debra W. Still, CMB, Pulte Financial Services
- Richard G. Thornberry, Radian Guaranty, Inc.
- William M. Walker, Walker & Dunlop, LLC